Data plays an important role in any type of industry. For the product-based industry, the company needs to provide the best, most accurate and real-time product details to all their end-users including the customers, teams for sales and marketing, collaborators, stakeholders, etc.
The product information management (PIM) system helps in handling all sorts of product details in various formats and making them available to the various channels.
How does Pimcore Maximize Your Business?
The product information management (PIM) system allows the organization for the collection, organization, management, storage, and sharing of the product details in a secured manner. It stores the data at a centralized location that can be accessed by the different teams within the organization for ease of communication and improved performance. The pimcore developer creates a platform that allows the data updated and harmonizes the working of the different teams leading to the development and growth of the business.
The implementation of the pimcore provides flexibility and adaptability that can lead to innovation. Coordination within different teams for product development leads to a decrease in the time-to-market factor for faster growth. Pimcore development helps the organization to achieve multidomain, multivector, and infrastructure essential for business development.
Benefits of Pimcore
Implementing the pimcore platform in the organization is beneficial for the business in many ways. It is helpful for the various teams that are involved in product development. Implementing pimcore leads to better communication and coordination between the teams so that the working efficiency and performance are boosted leading to the growth of the business.
Each team has access to the product information stored by the PIM system and has allotted members who keep the details updated with the real-time data. This improves communication within the different teams and helps in improving the working efficiency leading to better product development.
Here are the few notable benefits offered by the Pimcore platform to an organization, take a look.
- Benefits of PIM for e-commerce team:
The task of the eCommerce managers is challenging as they need to understand the needs of their customers to provide them with the best services to increase the sales of their products. The customers prefer comparing the different products available in the market across the different channels before making their purchase.
Implementing the PIM system will help in maintaining uniform product information across the different sales channels. With this, the customers will be provided with the best product experience through omnichannel eCommerce. It allows for improved coordination with the suppliers and improves the time-to-market thus making the product available at a faster rate.
- Benefits of PIM for the marketing team:
For the marketing of the product, the marketing team needs updated and real-time product details. The PIM system keeps the marketing team updated with the required information. It allows them to make efficient internal and external collaboration. PIM allows easy integration with various platforms essential for varied processes within the organization.
It also improves the product experience in different sales channels. Along with DAM, it provides all the essential product information to the fast-growing marketplace for reaching out to potential customers.
- Benefits of PIM for the IT department:
An organization needs to implement various applications and software for the smooth functioning of the business. These include ERP, CRM, DAM, and many others. The PIM system is flexible and can easily integrate with the different systems for managing all sorts of data efficiently. PIM benefits the IT managers as it allows them to reduce the cost and risk involved in the organization.
As PIM allows easy integration and has varied functionalities, it is required to manage fewer systems. It ensures scalability for the growing business. Seamless integration with the applications like eCommerce platforms, ERPs, and CMS makes the process faster. The automated process leads to an efficient exchange of information.
Type of Companies Achieving Value Through PIM system
PIM system allows for managing the product information and then providing it to various end-users. It allows for providing the details across various channels for publication, websites, apps, portals, online stores, etc.
Not all industries need to be benefited from implementing the PIM system. The companies not having product-based businesses do not require the PIM system. The different types of companies that can be benefited from implementing the PIM system include:
- Company with many variants of products: The Company having many product variants will have huge data to handle. Manual handling of this vast data will be tiresome, confusing, and time-consuming. Thus implementing the PIM system will help the company in seamless organization of the data for all the product variants. PIM can handle large data efficiently having different formats and from different sources and provide uniform and consistent details.
- The company has varied product information: The products that have a larger amount of information make the data handling difficult. The implementation of PIM in these types of companies will allow for handling all sorts of data including the metadata and the complex relationships between the various data.
- Business expansion: The company needs to implement the PIM system if they wish to expand their business by increasing the marketing activities by including new markets, new websites, catalogs, pricelists, etc. As these activities increase, the manual work will also increase related to the product information processing. PIM can handle all these data and activities with ease.
- Reaching multiple channels: For the growth of the business, the company can approach several channels for sales, marketing, and eCommerce. Each of these channels has its requirements for product information. Manually formatting the details as per the channel requirement can be tedious and time-consuming. Implementing the PIM will help to automatically provide the data as the channel requirements based on the attributes. PIM will sort and make the data available to the channels as per their requirements in the required format and language.
- Data enrichment: The companies that wish to enrich the data that is already available can make use of the PIM solution. PIM helps in organizing the data, replacing the old obsolete data with the real-time one, removing duplicates, eliminating the error, etc. All these features of the PIM software enable enriching the product data. As the quality of the data improves, it has a positive impact on the customer trust and confidence of the customer thus boosting the business.
Different types of data are generated in each type of business. As the business expands the data keeps on increasing and manual handling of the data becomes difficult and time-consuming. Various applications or systems help the organization in managing different types of data.
Pimcore platform is essential for the product-based company as it allows them to provide the best accurate and real-time product information to the end-users. The organization can use the different types of software based on their operations and processes. PIM enables the company to collect, organize, and manage the product details and make them available to different users across the various channels. If you are still thinking about implementing PIM for your company, then it’s the right time to hire reliable pimcore development services and reap all the benefits of PIM.