Assets are of various types and play an important role. For an organization, its documents, and details are its major assets. The digital assets include all the digital contents like documents, images, videos, audio clips, graphics, spreadsheets, multimedia files, etc. It is important to manage these files and keep the data updated with real-time data.
The digital asset management system helps in efficiently storing, organizing, discovering, sharing, and retrieving online content. It also enables improving the data security while sharing with different users like customers, employees, contractors, collaborators, stakeholders, etc.
Who uses DAM?
The digital asset management solutions allow for centralized storage of all the digital assets and provide access to various users based on their permissions granted. The DAM solutions are useful for various teams within the organization as well as external users.
- Sales and marketing teams: The DAM solution enables collaboration and improved communication between the marketers and the sales representatives by having access to the centralized source of digital data. These members can efficiently coordinate the searching and browsing for the asset useful for the campaigning, catalogue, and other eCommerce related details.
- Designers and creators: These team members can access digital assets like photographs and other content that will improve the digital asset quality.
- Developers and IT professionals: These members access the DAM solutions for improving the integration of various systems used within the organization for its smooth functioning.
- Legal experts: Implementation of the DAM solution ensures compliance with rules and regulations. The legal team looks after tagging the assets with expiration dates for preventing out-of-date items.
- Partners and contractors: DAM solutions allow the partners and contractors for efficient communication to strategize and implement the marketing campaigns. DAM solution ensures the security of company assets, compliance with standards, and brand consistency.
- Clients: These members can access the digital assets for the services or projects undertaken.
- Agencies: DAM allows sharing, storing, and editing of assets to the clients for their review and approval.
Key Features of DAM:
Various features are available in the digital asset management system and the enterprise can check for the key features while selecting the best DAM system in their organization. The key features of the DAM system include:
- Support for the asset life cycles and user roles: The DAM solution can handle different types of digital content and can be easily shared with different users through the unified interface. Using the DAM system allows for automating the file routing, match functionality, and personalization of the interface. The reporting capability of the DAM system allows for tracking the activity and improving the workflows.
- Support for multiple formats and devices: With the development, the content keeps on increasing in different formats. The DAM system supports assets of a variety of formats. These assets can be easily viewed using any device even from remote access.
- Third-party integration: The different third-party tools include social networks, content management systems, cloud-based platforms, etc. The DAM system has an open architecture that uses API support for its centralized processing of data. This enables the DAM to handle the different types of files, media, newer applications, repositories, etc.
- Powerful infrastructure: The DAM system has this feature of powerful infrastructure that provides the capacity to store the larger heavy files and allows its easy sharing and transferring. The storage capacity provided is very high and ensures high performance and optimal data protection. It also provides features like flexibility, reliability, scalability, high availability, redundancy, etc.
Benefits of Using DAM Solution:
- Content organization: The implementation of the DAM system allows for storing all the assets in an organized manner. It allows adding the newer digital assets in the same format. The centralized storage location allows for keeping all the teams aligned with the progress using real-time data. The DAM system allows for keeping the details secured and their easy retrieval.
- Streamline workflow: The DAM system allows for sharing proofs, collecting feedback, getting approvals, etc. in an efficient way. It allows for controlling the version details, tracks the changes made in the data, workflow approvals, etc. Automation of this process saves time and prevents missing an important task. Implementation of DAM leads to cross-collaboration between the teams leading to increased productivity and streamlining of the workflow.
- Repurpose best-performing content: The DAM system allows for providing a complete overview of the available digital content. This helps in extending the use of valuable assets through reuse and repurposing. It enables adapting the existing copy of the video, images, or other content. This helps in saving time, money, and efforts by using the already existing assets.
- Maintain brand consistency: The DAM system allows for aligning the brand guidelines and maintaining the content across the communicators and creators. The centralized storage of the digital data enables all the team members to use the same files. It directs all the members to the same content repository by using simple search tools. Making the use of consistent data helps in building a cohesive brand message to the customers at every touchpoint.
- Integrate the martech technology: The flexibility of any supplication used allows the employees to provide their best performance. The DAM system allows for integrating the various applications that are used within the organization. This DAM allows for collating all the data generated by these different applications and incorporating them into the digital asset database.
- Monitor content effectiveness: Digital data plays a crucial role in keeping the customers engaged. The teammates need to understand which content will be able to engage the audience. The DAM system includes the analytic tools that help in tracking the different assets to understand which data is more influential. This helps the organization in taking important strategic decisions. It helps the organization in identifying different opportunities for reusing their best–performing assets leading to saving time and valuable resources.
- Minimize risk: DAM carefully looks at the digital assets for content rights and usage violations. The use of governance tools helps the DAM administrators in controlling the users accessing the assets. The manager can set the restrictions and permissions for allowing only the concerned person to access the sensitive content. The DAM also allows for limiting the download privileges of files based on the requirements. This helps in securing and protecting sensitive data.
- Publish brand-approved content: DAM tools facilitate using a friction-free content distribution with the stakeholders, partners, and collaborators. The different internal teams involved in sales and marketing can also access the real-time data that can be used for catalogue or campaigning. DAM allows for distributing the updated data to all the users across the different channels.
- Consolidate redundant tools: Centralized storage of all the data at a single location can lead to overlap of the tools and applications. This redundancy can lead to unnecessary expenses and inconsistency. DAM allows for consolidating the tools that help in saving time, and money and also makes it easier to manage the brand consistency.
The increasing competition in the business world has developed a need for implementing a digital asset management system that allows the organization in managing, organizing, sharing, and sharing digital content with internal and external users.
The DAM system allows for improving the quality of the asset providing an edge to the business to stay ahead of the competition. DAM solutions help to keep all the teams within the organization well communicated thus increasing productivity and helping the business to achieve its goals.