Waterproof Breathable Textiles Industry Overview
The global waterproof breathable textiles market size is expected to reach USD 2.7 billion by 2027, expanding at a revenue-based CAGR of 5.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for comfortable and high-performance apparel that provides protection from environmental factors such as wind and rain is expected to propel market growth over the forecast period.
Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global waterproof breathable textiles market on the basis of raw material, fabric, application, and region:
Based on the Raw Material Insights, the market is segmented into ePTFE, Polyurethane, Polyester, Others.
- Outstanding waterproofing performance and environment-friendly characteristics are the key factors driving the growth of the polyurethane segment. Furthermore, growing investments in research and development, marketing, and production of polyurethane-based waterproofing breathable textiles are expected to provide an additional boost to market growth.
- Waterproof breathable textiles made by using polyurethane films offer outstanding breathability for user comfort and are being progressively used to create highly cost-effective waterproof breathable textile composites.
- Expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) segment is projected to attain 31.8% of the global waterproof breathable textiles (WBT) market by 2027 on account of its rising application in high performance winterwear and protective apparels.
- A growing emphasis on fitness and health coupled with the rising popularity of outdoor and indoor sports are generating ever increasing demand for sports apparel.
Based on the Fabric Insights, the market is segmented into Densely Woven, Membrane, Coated.
- The membrane segment is projected to witness a volume-based CAGR of 6.8% from 2020 to 2027 on account of its superior breathability and water resistance properties. The membrane-based textiles are highly efficient in maintaining the optimum body temperature thereby delivering superior comfort to the consumers.
- Densely woven waterproof breathable fabrics consist of cotton or synthetic microfilament yarns arranged in a highly compact weaving pattern. Densely woven waterproof breathable textiles are highly resistant to wear and tear.
- The coated fabric is expected to attain a 15.7% share of the global market for waterproof breathable textiles by 2027. The low cost associated with the product coupled with robust waterproofing and breathability performance is expected to propel product demand over the forecast period.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into General Clothing & Accessories, Sports Goods, Protective Clothing, Others.
- The protective clothing segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 5.0% in terms of revenue from 2020 to 2027. Growing focus on industrial safety is propelling the demand for a variety of protective apparel including industrial gowns and coats, boots, shoes, masks, and coveralls thereby positively influencing market growth over the forecast period.
- The general clothing and accessories segment is expected to grow at a steady growth rate over the upcoming period. The waterproof breathable textiles based apparels are highly comfortable to wear during physical activities as it helps in maintaining the optimum body temperature by effectively dissipating body heat with its vapor permeability.
- The sportswear segment accounted for 55.2% share of the overall market for waterproof breathable textiles in 2019 and is projected to grow at a significant pace over the forecast period.
- Rising participation of women in sports and fitness activities is exerting a significant impact on the demand for sportswear.
Waterproof Breathable Textiles Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The global market is characterized by high investments in product development and R&D activities. The major market participants are focusing on developing new fabrics, fibers, and production processes, which is expected to positively influence the market over the next few years.
Some prominent players in the global waterproof breathable textiles market include
- W. L. Gore and Associates, Inc.
- SympaTex Technologies
- Mountain Hardwear
- Polartec, LLC
- Marmot Mountain LLC
- The North Face
- Schoeller Textil AG
- Toray Industries, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519