U.S. Home Infusion Therapy Industry Overview
The U.S. home infusion therapy market size is expected to reach USD 31.7 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing geriatric population and increasing prevalence of cancer, Crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, nutritional and immune deficiencies, infections, dehydration, and nausea & vomiting are majorly driving the growth of the market. Factors such as the increasing need for reduced hospital stays and the rising prevalence of chronic disorders in the geriatric population are driving the growth.
Growing cases of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) are also driving the growth of the market for home infusion therapy in the U.S. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), annually, approximately 1.7 million admitted patients are affected by Healthcare Acquired infections (HCAI) and around 98, 000 patients (1 in 17 patients) die due to the same. Due to this, the demand for home infusion therapy is increasing substantially.
U.S. Home Infusion Therapy Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. home infusion therapy market report based on product and application:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into infusion pumps, intravenous sets, IV cannulas and needleless connectors
- Among other segments, infusion pumps held a larger share of 50.8% of the market in 2021. This can be attributed to their increasing use and efficiency in delivering nutrition, medications, and other required fluids in required amounts.
- In addition, modernized infusion pumps are equipped with alert systems to avoid the risk of adverse drug interaction or when the pump parameters are indifferently set. These factors are expected to drive the segment growth in the forthcoming years.
- Needleless connectors is expected to be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period owing to various benefits, such as less risk of bacterial contamination and higher protection against needle stick injuries.
- Moreover, needleless connectors reduce the risk of Healthcare Associated Bloodstream Infections (HA-BSIs). Owing to these features, the demand for needleless connectors is predicted to augment over the forecast period.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into anti-infective, endocrinology, hydration therapy, chemotherapy, enteral nutrition, parenteral nutrition, specialty pharmaceuticals and others
- The anti-infective segment registered a significant share of 27.2% in 2021. By application, the market is divided into anti-infective, endocrinology, hydration therapy, parenteral nutrition, enteral nutrition, chemotherapy, specialty pharmaceuticals, and others.
- The anti-infective segment registered a significant revenue share in 2021, owing to its extensive use as antifungal, antibiotics, and antiviral agents in at-home care.
- Moreover, growing efforts for reducing hospital stays are also increasing the demand for anti-infective therapy, thereby driving the market growth.
- Endocrinology is predicted to be the fastest-growing segment in the forthcoming years, owing to the growing number of conditions associated with the endocrine system.
- Thyroid is one of the most common disorders prevalent in the U.S, sometimes resulting in death. According to the American Cancer Society, 2019, approximately 52,070 thyroid cancer cases have been registered (14,260 in males and 37,810 in females).
- Hence, growing cases of thyroid along with metabolic disorders in the U.S. are expected to drive the growth of the segment.
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The players operating in the market for home infusion therapy in the U.S. are focusing on adopting growth strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions, new product launches, innovations in the existing technologies, and more.
Some prominent players in the U.S. home infusion therapy market include:
- B. Braun Melsungen
- Baxter International
- Caesarea Medical Electronics Ltd.
- Fresenius Kabi
- ICU Medical
- JMS CO., LTD.
- Smiths Medical, Inc.
- Terumo Corporation
- Coram LLC
- Option Care Enterprises, Inc.
- BioScrip, Inc.
- BriovaRx Infusion Services
- Paragon Healthcare
Market Industry Development
- December 2021: Baxter International completed the acquisition of Hillstrom. This acquisition will help the company in broadening its geographic footprint and integrating medical device technology that will enhance patient care, lower costs and increase workflow efficiency
- May 2021: Smiths Medical and Ivenix, Inc. announced a partnership agreement to offer a comprehensive suite of infusion management solutions in the U.S. market. This partnership is expected to evolve infusion management to improve patient safety
- April 2020: Option Care Health announced an expansion of its partnership with Regence Health (a committee that helps ease the burden on hospitals in the U.S) to increase access to healthcare at home for high-risk patients that rely on infusion services.
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Home Infusion Therapy Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519