Global Performance Coatings Market – Overview
Performance coatings market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of over 5.11% to reach a value of around USD 62.45 billion by the end of the forecast period.
Performance coatings provide durability, safety, and longevity to the surface and components that are to be coated with performance coating. It has a wide range of applications such as drywall, construction materials, and others in various end-use industries, including construction, automotive and transportation, industrial, aerospace and defence, marine, and others. Performance coatings market are specially designed to protect a substance from corrosion, offer resistance to chemicals & abrasion, ensure durability & safety, and enhance the appearance of a substance. Where as high-performance coating acts as a barrier between the substrate and water, insulates it from soil contact, and protects it from chemical interaction.
Obtain Brochure For Latest Technology Advancements Performance Coatings @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/10701
Akzo Nobel NV (Netherlands),PPG Industries Inc. (US),Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited (India),Metal Coatings Corp. (US),Toefco Engineered Coating Systems Inc. (US),Endura Coatings LLC (US),Beckers Group (Germany),Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd (Japan),The Sherwin-Williams Company (US),AFT Fluorotec Ltd (UK),The Chemours Company (US),Hempel Group (Denmark).
Below is the list of ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) standards that arethe framework for the coating industry.
- ASTM B117: Standard test for operating salt spray (fog) apparatus.
- ASTM D1654: Standard test for the evaluation of coated substancesubjected to the corrosive environment.
- ASTM D610: Standard test for determining the extent of rust on coated steel surfaces.
- ASTM E2257: Standard test method for room fire test of wall &ceiling materials.
- ASTM E84: ASTM E84: Standard test method for surface burning of building materials.
Impact of Coronavirus Outbreak
In 2020, a sharp decline in sales was expected in the coatings market, as the production volume of key segments such as automotive and industrial industries will have fallen drastically. China and Japan are also major consumers of performance coating, and due to the imposition of lockdown, the sales of performance coatings have decreased in the assessment period.
However, with the lift of lockdown measures and trade restrictions, the demand for performance coatings is expected to gain pace and drive market growth.
Access Complete Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/performance-coatings-market-10701
Performance Coatings Market – Segments:
- Based on type, the global performance coating market is divided into epoxy, silicone, polyester, acrylic, alkyd, polyurethane, fluoropolymer, and others.
- The acrylic segment is expected to register a higher growth rate because of its various applications such as piping, structural steel, machinery & equipment in chemical industries, commercial buildings, and others.
- The polyester segmentis widely used in the building & construction industry due to itslow cost. These are commonly used for windows, doors, and architectural projects. Therefore, the polyester segment is estimated to drive global market growth during the forecast period.
- The market for polyurethane types is likely to witness stable growth during the assessment period. However, polyurethane coatings are ideal for surfaces subjected to wear and tear and need to be chemically and physically resistant.
- The fluoropolymer coatings are a blend of high-performance resins and fluoropolymer lubricants.They are widely used inoriginal equipment manufacturers (OEMs) () components and fasteners in the automotive industry to provide longer life.
By Coating Technology
- On the basis of coating technology, the global performance coatings market is divided into three types- solvent-based, water-based, and powder-based coating technology.
- The market for water-based coating technology is expected to register a higher CAGR as itcontains low VOC (volatile organic compounds levels) and HAP (hazardous air pollution) emissions.
- The powder-based segment is expected to fuel market demand over the foreseeable period due to the increasing demand for spray coating in the automotive industry.
- The solvent-based technology is likely to show stagnant growth during the review period.
- This segment is classified into construction, automotive & transportation, industrial, aerospace & defense, marine, and others.
- Improvement in the commercial aviation network, development of the tourism industry, rapid economic development, and an increase in air passenger trafficare expected to drive the global performance coatings market in the aerospace & defense industry.
- Performance coatingsare majorly used in the automotive industry for automotive parts and OEM components, tooling, ballistic panels, etc.
- Growing commercial and residential sectors is fuelingthe growth of the construction industry across the globe.
- The industrial segment includes chemical, energy & power, textile, equipment manufacturers, and others and is anticipated to drive the global market growth during the forecast period.
- The others segment includes marine, transportation, and construction.
Global Performance Coatings Market -Regional Analysis
- North America: North America is expected to dominate the global market growth. The regional market growth is driven by the presence ofa large number of key playersin the region. Moreover, expanding end-use industries, especially aerospace & defense and automotive,aredriving the regional market growth.
- Europe: Europe is a well-established market. Increasing demand for performance coatingsacross major end-use industries is expected to propel market growth. The automotive industry in the region is the key factor driving the demand for performance coatingsin the region.
- Asia-Pacific: It is the fastest-growing regional market.Development inthe economic condition in the regionresults in fast-paced industrialization, which is a key factor driving the global market growth.
- Latin America:Brazil and Mexico are estimated to provide lucrative opportunitiesformarket growth during the assessment period.
- Middle East & Africa: The growing infrastructural activities in GCC countries are expected to fuel the product demand in the Middle East & Africa region over the forecast period.
Read more reports at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/categories/chemicals-market-report
Read more details at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/infographics
Read more details at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/videos
About Market Research Future:-
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor
New York, New York 10013
United States of America