Stem Cells Industry Data Book Covers Human Embryonic Stem Cells, Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Production, Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells Markets.
Stem Cells Market Report Highlights
The global stem cells market size was valued at USD 13,266.8 million in 2022, and it is expected to reach USD 31.6 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 11.4% CAGR (2023-2030).
- ASCs segment accounted for the largest share in 2022 as it is considered as a gold standard in stem cell-based therapies. They are widely accepted owing to their consistent clinical success especially in hematopoietic transplants and there is a relatively less controversial view regarding their origin
- The iPSC segment is expected to witness a lucrative CAGR through 2023-2030 owing to the increasing focus of companies in using iPS for cell therapies. For instance, in July 2020, Cynata Therapeutics Limited announced positive results for the phase 1 clinical trial of CYP-001, the company’s lead iPSC derived Cymerus
- Regenerative medicine dominated the market in 2022 owing to increasing funding by the government for the development of regenerative medicines. For instance, in October 2020, the AusBiotech-led consortium received funding of USD 300,000 from MTPConnect’s Industry Growth Centre Project Fund for the development of regenerative medicines in Australia
- Cell acquisition technology held the largest market share in 2022 and is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR through 2023-2030 owing to increasing research studies involving cell harvesting
- Allogenic therapy dominated the market in 2022 owing to the increasing application of allogeneic stem cell transplants for cancer treatment
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies held the largest market share in 2022, and is anticipated to exhibit at fastest CAGR owing to upsurge in R&D, increasing clinical trials coupled with strategic activities by major market players
- North America market encompasses U.S. and Canada. The factors contributing to the market growth in the region include robust government funding, increasing research, and the presence of prominent players in this region
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR of through 2023 to 2030 owing to increasing expansion by key companies in this region. For instance, in April 2020, Seneca Biopharma completed its new stem cell manufacturing facility in Suzhou, China
Human Embryonic Stem Cells Market Report Highlights
The global human embryonic stem cells market size was valued at USD 1.10 billion in 2022, and it is anticipated to reach USD 1.06 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 10.6% CAGR (2023-2030).
- hESC derivation provides a unique opportunity for early human development studies
- It is believed to hold a substantial potential for regenerative medicine and biopharma
- Differentiated derivatives of these cells are applicable for screening assays in development of novel pharmaceutical moieties
- Screening for mutagenic as well as toxic compounds can also be carried out using such derivatives
- Presence of lack of suitable donor organs and tissues for regenerative medicine is expected to increase the demand thus influencing growth
- Stem cell research is anticipated to exhibit fastest growth amongst the other applications
- However, presence of controversies pertaining to their use as a consequence of ethical considerations is responsible for steady growth
- Europe accounts for considerable share of the market, following North America
- As per a recent survey carried out by Swiss government, citizens there are more willing to accept embryonic stem cell research than politicians
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to drive market with fastest YoY growth
- Rising awareness amongst the population and physicians with respect to associated therapies is anticipated to propel progress
- Key players contributing in this market are CellGenix GmbH, International Stem Cell Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Kite Pharma, PromoCell GmbH, and Lonza
- Presence of clinical trial pipeline for embryonic stem cell derived therapy for targeting different diseases is expected to fuel growth.
- The diseases targeted include macular degeneration, Parkinson’s disease, type I diabetes mellitus, and spinal cord injury.
Access the Global Stem Cells Industry Data Book, 2022 to 2030, compiled with details like market sizing information & forecasts, trade data, pricing intelligence, competition benchmarking, macro-environmental analyses, and regulatory & technological framework studies
Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Production Market Report Highlights
The global induced pluripotent stem cells production market size was valued at USD 1.36 billion in 2022, and it is estimated to reach USD 2.8 billion by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.3% CAGR (2023-2030).
- By process, the manual iPSCs production process held the highest market share in 2021. The multiple stages involved during the manufacturing process and key companies providing the expertise for induced pluripotent stem cell production attributes to the growth
- By workflow, in 2021, the cell culture was the highest revenue-generating segment. As cell culture is a pivotal step in the production process and the associated costs during numerous steps drive the market growth of this segment
- By product, the consumables & kits segment held the largest market in 2021. The continuous use of these iPSCs products during various applications such as toxicology testing is propelling the segment’s growth
- By application, drug development and discovery dominated the induced pluripotent stem cells production marketspace in 2021. The prevalence of chronic diseases is driving the increase in innovative drug platforms for development & discovery by utilizing iPSCs as diseased models
- By end-user, the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies generated the highest revenue in the marketplace during 2021. The rising number of strategic initiatives, new product launches, and robust iPSCs product pipeline is attributing to the generation of revenue
- North America region contributes to the largest share in 2021 for iPSCs production marketplace. The key factors driving the revenue growth are the developed healthcare infrastructure, the prevalence of chronic diseases, the presence of strategic business models and funds by supportive government
Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market Report Highlights
The global mesenchymal stem cells size was valued at USD 3.02 billion in 2022, and it is expected to reach USD 6.1 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.4% CAGR (2023-2030).
- Widespread use of bone marrow derived MSCs in several therapeutic applications has resulted in the segment’s dominance in 2020
- More than 20.0% of clinical trials incorporate bone marrow MSCs, which is set to maintain the segment’s largest revenue share up to 2028
- The cancer indication segment is expected to witness rapid growth through 2021 to 2028, attributed to the emergence of MSCs as a promising vehicle for anti-cancer drugs
- This is attributed to the tumor tropism ability of MSCs and their ability to manage the predestination of tumor cells
- Disease modelling application generated the highest revenue in 2020, owing to several advantages associated with MSCs such as the high capacity of expansion and self-renewal and reduced tumorigenic capacity, which makes them suitable across disease modelling applications
- The kits, media, and reagents segment held a significant revenue share in 2020 owing to the presence of a substantial number of service providers and increasing demand in the market
- The allogeneic segment dominated the market in 2020; Implantation of allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells serves as a promising tool for cell-based therapy
- As of August 2019, more than 200 clinical trials have been reported for use of allogeneic MSCs, which is expected to propel the segment’s revenue generation capacity from 2021 to 2028
- Apart from the availability of advanced research facilities and skilled professionals, favorable government initiatives and high R&D expenditure, active policies pertaining to cell therapies have contributed to the dominance of North America MSCs market in 2020
- For instance, in August 2020, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services proposed new policies that include cellular therapies, wherein, commercial insurance companies support private health plans associated with MSCs
- The key players are engaged in exploring MSC therapy to its highest potential across different emerging applications, contributing to market growth
- For instance, in July 2020, Promedica presented positive results from its study that evaluated the use of allogeneic MSCs in COVID-19 patients. The study was conducted under the U.S. FDA’s Emergency Investigational New Drug (IND) approval
Cancer Stem Cells Market Report Highlights
The global cancer stem cells market size was valued at USD 2.59 billion in 2022, and it is expected to reach USD 1.6 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 12.1% CAGR (2023-2030).
- The anti-CSC therapeutics segment accounted for a significant share owing to increasing R&D activities for the development of novel therapeutics
- Anti-CSCs therapeutics/agents include agents that target key pathways, surface markers, immuno-evasion & tumor microenvironment, along with nanoparticle-based therapies. As key pathways play a major role in tumor regulation, pathway inhibitors captured the largest share owing to the presence of a broad portfolio of products under pipeline
- With rising prevalence of bladder cancer, the segment is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR of 10.47% during the forecast period
- North America held the largest share in 2016 owing to presence of a large number of facilities in the U.S. that offer stem cell services
- Asia Pacific is likely to emerge as the fastest growing regional market owing to increasing investments by various agencies to accelerate research activities in Asian countries
- Some of the prominent players in the market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; AbbVie, Inc.; Merck KGaA; Bionomics; and Lonza.
Order your copy of the Free Sample of “Stem Cells Industry Data Book – Human Embryonic Stem Cells, Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Production, Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells Market Size, Share, Trends Analysis, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” Data Book, published by Grand View Research
Key players operating in the stem cells industry are –
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- Advanced Cell Technology Inc.
- Cellular Engineering Technologies Inc.
- CellGenix GmbH
- Angel Biotechnology
- PromoCell GmbH
- Kite Pharma
- Cellartis AB
- Celgene Corporation
- Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Genea Biocells
- Waisman Biomanufacturing
- Bioheart Inc.
- Caladrius Biosciences
- Gamida Cell
Grand View Research’s Stem Cells Industry databook is a collection of market sizing & forecasts insights, market dynamics & trends, opportunity assessment, regulatory & technology framework, pricing intelligence, competitive benchmarking analyses, and macro-environmental analysis studies. Within the purview of the databook, such information is systematically analyzed and provided in the form of summary presentations and detailed outlook reports on individual areas of research.
Go through the table of content of Stem Cells Industry Data Book to get a better understanding of the Coverage & Scope of the study
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Micro Markets