Encountering errors and issues while operating QuickBooks are common. Some of these errors can be easily fixed, while others are complex. One such error is the QuickBooks error 6190 77, which can occur while trying to access the company file. The error can occur due to a few possible reasons, and it can be easily fixed with the help of a few solutions. If you are getting the QuickBooks error message 6190 77, follow the steps provided in this article to resolve it and resume working in QuickBooks seamlessly.
You can get in touch with our support team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance with the error if you are unable to fix in on your own.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error Code 6190 77 to Occur?
The root causes for the QuickBooks 6190 77 error are –
- Your company file folder is damaged or corrupted.
- There are issues with the network data and transaction log files which is causing the error.
- The internet explorer setting is incorrect and need to be configured.
- Your firewall is blocking QuickBooks from working correctly.
Addressing the QuickBooks Company File Error 6190 and 77
The QuickBooks error 6190 77 can be resolved with the help of the following steps –
Step 1 – Create a New Location for the Company File
Move your company file to a new folder to fix the issues caused by the damaged folder.
- Go to the C drive and navigate to the folder containing your company file.
- Find the file with the .qbw extension and right-click on it to select the Copy option.
- Create a new folder in the C drive and paste the copied file into it.
- Now, try accessing the company file from the new folder and see if the error is rectified.
Step 2 – Mend the Damaged Transaction Log and Network Data Files
Fix the issues with the network data and transaction log files by changing the file names.
- Go to the folder containing the files with .ND and .TLG extensions and right-click on them.
- Select Rename and add .OLD at the end of the file names to edit the names.
- Once done, hit Enter and save the changes to access the company file again.
Step 3 – Access the Tool Hub and Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Most issues with the QuickBooks applications can be resolved within the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Use the File Doctor tool to fix the company file and network issues causing the QuickBooks error message 6190.
- Download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and head to the Company File Issues tab.
- Click on QuickBooks File Doctor and run the tool to repair the QuickBooks issues.
- Wait for the tool to stop running and re-run QuickBooks to see if you can access the company file.
The QuickBooks error 6190 77 can be terminated with the help of the steps given above. If you are still unable to resolve the error code, you can get in touch with our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance.