Does your system have only xxxMB of free memory? Well, need not worry, as here we are with the fix for this issue. The user might often come across the message stating that you don’t have enough system memory to install QuickBooks desktop. When the user tries to install QuickBooks desktop, he/she gets the system has only xxxMB of free memory. QuickBooks needs at least 1GB of free memory, after extracting the installer.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
There is not Enough Space or your System only has xxxMB of Memory when Installing QuickBooks Desktop
This simply means that the system has less than the required 1GB of minimum available storage. If you are interested in knowing the process to resolve this Error: Your system has only xxxMB of free memory or not enough memory, then make sure that you read this article carefully till the end.
Steps to Fix the QuickBooks Error your System has only xxxMB of Free Memory
Now that you know the basic information related to the error, it is the right time to start with the troubleshooting steps. The user needs to note that the steps might vary for the installer type. This will help in moving back to installing QuickBooks desktop
Condition 1: In case of a downloaded installer is used
- The steps to be followed by the ones downloading the installer being used.
- The very first step is to press Windows + R keys to open the Run window
- After that, the user needs to type %temp% in the search field and opt for the OK tab
- The user is then required to locate the folder created by the setup.
- And then create a copy of the QuickBooks folder on the desktop
- Also note that the name of the folder will depend on the version of QuickBooks, the user trying to install (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise)
- Now, inside the QuickBooks folder, the user needs to open QuickBooks
- And then, right-click the Framework.xml file, and along with that choose edit.
- The file should open in Notepad.
- The user should note that if the file is not available in the %temp% folder, and then run the QuickBooks installer again.
- Once the user reaches the Welcome to QuickBooks screen, and also select cancel.
- Also, the extracted version of the installer might appear in the temp directory.
- The user will then be required to look for min requirements
- After that, the user needs to change 1000MB to 0MB
- Also, opt for saving from the file menu
- The last step is to move back to the main installation folder and then run Setup.exe.
Condition 2: In case of installation from a CD
The steps to be carried out in case of installation from a CD are as follows:
- Initially, the user needs to copy the QuickBooks and ThirdParty folders from the CD to the desktop
- For that, insert the QuickBooks installation CD into the drive. In case of Install Shield Wizard starts, close it
- Also, right-click the installer, and then choose to explore
- After that, on the keyboard, hold on shift then choose the QBooks and Third Party folders.
- The user needs to right-click and select copy
- The user will then have to open the QuickBooks folder on the desktop
- And then, right-click the Framework.xml file and also opt for edit.
- The file should open in notepad
- Now, the user needs to look for Min Requirements
- Followed by, changing 1000MB to 0MB
- Also, choose to save from the file menu
- And lastly, move back to the main installation folder and then run Setup.exe
Towards the end of this article, we believe that the QuickBooks error “Your system has only xxxMB of free memory” might be resolved. But if in case the error persists, feel free to call us.
Our QuickBooks premier technical support experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services instantly. Thus, feel free to call us anytime and discuss your query with our professionals and certified ProAdvisors. We will be happy to help you.