The QuickBooks software allows its users to work in both single-user and multi-user modes. When QuickBooks is in multi-user mode, several computers are allowed access to the same company file. However, there are instances when a user might need to switch between these modes. While dealing with these processes, users might face the issue of the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working. Such problems are often rooted in some issue in company files or a problem in the hosting settings of the server computer. This article intends to familiarize you with the steps you need to take when such an issue arises. Hence, you must read and understand it until the very end.
If you need to fix QuickBooks multi-user mode issues immediately, contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get in touch with our technical team.
What are the causes in which the multi-user mode issues in QuickBooks are rooted?
A problem in the multi-user mode of QuickBooks generally arises due to one of the following reasons:-
- It is possible that QuickBooks has not been installed on the server.
- The hosting settings on the server computer might need configuration.
- The firewall settings on your system are restrictive and are not allowing the computers to communicate with each other.
- The antivirus software that you use is interfering with the communication between computers.
- There is an issue with the database server used to open the company files.
- Your company file folders are not permitted by windows to be on your network.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6147
What steps can be taken to fix issues in the QuickBooks multi-user mode?
After you know the root cause behind the issue, there are certain steps that you can take to resolve the problem, including:-
Ensure that your company file folders have the adequate permissions to be on your network
To verify and edit the permissions:-
- Head to theproperties section of the File Explorer on your computer.
- Now to edit advanced security settings, go to theAdvanced section present in the Security
- From here, select and edit QBDataServiceUserXX, and allow Full Controlto it.
- After you apply the changes, see if the issue is resolved.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6176
Scan your company files after downloading the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Scanning your company files through the QuickBooks Database Server Manager will allow multiple computers to work on the same network. You can scan your company files in these steps:-
- Install thedatabase server manager on your server computer.
- Open the database server manager and head to theScan Folders
- Now browse and select the folders with your company file to scan them.
- You will now be able to access all the files in these folders in multi-user mode.
See also: QuickBooks Error 6210
Ensure that the hosting settings on your server computer are correct
The hosting on your server computer must be turned on for the workstations to access company files in multi-user mode. You can turn this setting on From the Utilities section of the File menu on your server computer.
These are all the different steps that will help you fix the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working. First, we recommend you read the steps carefully before executing them and maintain the order in which they are to be performed. If you continue facing problems with the QuickBooks multi-user mode, get immediate assistance from our technical team by reaching out to us on 1-855-856-0042
You may also like: QuickBooks Error 6123