QuickBooks is one of the world’s most sophisticated and user-friendly accounting and bookkeeping software. Its tremendous capability to manage financial data has made it famous among companies globally.
Errors often occur in QuickBooks for many different reasons. QuickBooks Error 6210 gets triggered when the user tries to open the company file on a computer that is not a server. Generally, this error appears on the screen with the statement:
‘We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file: Error Codes (-6210, 0)’
This blog is intended to provide you with the most reliable solutions for QB Error 6210.
One of the best ways to solve QuickBooks Error 6210 is to consultwith a certified specialist. Dial +1-855-856-0042 to get quick and reliable support anytime, any day.
What are the Possible Causes for the QB Error Code 6210?
Some of the factors responsible for the QB Error Code 6210 are as follows:
- The most common reason for this error is that the company file is saved on a system that is not a server computer.
- If the .ND and .TLG files are damaged or infected, this error can get triggered.
- If you do not have permission to log into QB desktop in Admin user mode, you can face this error while accessing the company file.
Troubleshooting Techniques for the QB Error Message 6210
You can utilize these techniques to eliminate the QB Error Message 6210:
Technique 1: Resolve the error by giving a new name to the .ND and .TLG files and executing the QB Database Server Manager
To use this technique, follow these steps:
Step 1: Ensure that a new name has been given to the .ND and .TLG files
- Head towards the folder holding your company file and right-click on those files that bear the same name as that of your company file. In addition, these files should have .ND and .TLG as extensions.
- You should now choose the ‘Rename’ option and make sure that the ‘OLD’ word is added at the end of each file’s name. For example: compfileshere.qbw.nd.OLD and compfileshere.qbw.tlg.OLD
Step 2: Execute the QB Database Server Manager tool
- You should proceed towards the QB Tool Hub and hit the ‘Network Issues’ tab.
- Now click on the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ tool and identify your company file to strike the ‘Start Scan’ button.
- If you fail to locate your company file, go to the location of your company file using the ‘Browse’ option and then hit the ‘Start Scan’ button.
At this point, you should try to open your QB desktop and the company file. If you fail to do so, move on to the next solution.
You may also read: QuickBooks Update Error 1603
Technique 2: Identify installation issues by trying to open a sample company file on a computer
- As the first step, you should open your QB application and head towards the ‘No Company Open’ window to strike the ‘Open a sample file’ tab.
- You will now see a list of sample company files on your screen. Choose any one file and try to open it.
- If you are successful in opening the sample company file, jump to the next solution. If not, run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to rectify the installation issues.
Also Read: QuickBooks OL 301
Technique 3: Rectify the error by opening your company file from a different location
- You should navigate to the folder where your company file is saved and right-click on the file with ‘.qbw’ extension.
- Choose the ‘Copy’ option and head towards your desktop to right-click on the desktop screen.
- Hit the ‘Paste’ button and press the ‘Ctrl’ key on your keyboard. Now open the QB desktop while tapping the ‘Ctrl’ key on the keyboard.
- You will get a ‘No Company Open’ window on your screen and you have to strike on the ‘Open or restore an existing company’ button.
- Now proceed towards your desktop, identify the company file you have just copied and open it.
You have got a precise analysis of the causes and solutions for the QuickBooks Error 6210. Read the solutions mentioned in this blog carefully and implement them in the correct sequence.
For further assistance, you can dial +1-855-856-0042 to contact our QuickBooks Support Team.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks outlook is not responding