Are you unable to complete the update process in QB and are facing error messages, like QuickBooks update error 15240? If yes, then don’t worry; this a common occurrence that can prevent users from downloading the updates, and can get triggered due to common causes, like incorrect internet settings or outdated QuickBooks. You need to resolve QuickBooks error code 15240 on priority by using the detailed steps given in this article below.
If the given steps seem complicated or troublesome to perform, you can call our team of QB assistants at +1(855)-738-0359 to get immediate guidance with the update issues
QuickBooks Desktop Error 15240: Primary Factors
The following possible reasons & common reasons might be responsible for QuickBooks error message 15240 –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop app might be outdated, and the current version might be outdated or discontinued by Intuit.
- There are Windows registry issues in the PC, and the registry files might be damaged, corrupted, or contain incorrect entries.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application might not be installed correctly, or crucial files and components might be broken, damaged, or corrupted.
- You are not running the update process in QB with a proper admin account, and your current user account might lack sufficient privileges.
- The Internet Explorer settings might be incorrect or misconfigured, and you are not running the update process with IE as the default browser.
Methods to Easily Eliminate Update Error 15240 in QB
QuickBooks payroll update error 15240 can be successfully removed by using the effective solutions given below –
Solution 1 – Activate the Windows Safe Mode from the Boot Section to Reinstall QB
You can fix QB error code 15240 by reinstalling QuickBooks in Windows safe mode.
- From the Start menu, access the Run window to type msconfig in the appeared box to go to the General menu.
- Now, select the Load System Services option and hit the Selective Startup button to navigate to the Services menu.
- Select the Hide All Microsoft Services option and choose the Windows Installer checkbox, followed by clicking Disable All.
- Deselect the Hide All Microsoft Services option, and from the Configuration window, restart your system to reinstall QuickBooks and check the status of the 15240 error code.
You May Also Read :- QuickBooks Desktop Migration Tool Download and Usage
Solution 2 – Use the File Checker Utility to Scan the System Files from the Run Window
Update issues in QB can be resolved by running the file checker tool from the run tab –
- From the Run window, type CMD in the command prompt box to run the configuration as an admin.
- Next, type SFC/Scannow in the next box and hit Next, followed by running a scan with the file checker tool to resolve the QB file corruption and run the payroll update process.
Recommended to read :- 4 Top Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error PS033 When CPS Folder Or Files Damaged
QuickBooks update error 15240 can be reliably resolved by using the detailed solutions given above. In case the error message persists, you can fix the update issues by reaching out to our team of QB professionals at +1(855)-738-0359 for immediate help.