The summer months are a time of plenty for pests. From mosquitoes to cockroaches, there’s nothing these pests love more than a warm and juicy summer meal. But what are the most common summer pests, and how can you prevent them from ruining your summer? Read on Pest Control Wanniassa to find out!
What are some pests that increase in summers?
Summer is a time of year when pests are more likely to increase, as the temperatures rise. The following pests can become more common in summer: ants, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and spiders.
Ants can become more common in summer because they are attracted to the abundance of food. You can reduce the number of ants by keeping your home clean and removing any food sources that they may be attracted to. You can also use ant bait stations or baits to kill them.
Bed bugs can become more common in summer because they like warm places to live and breed. To prevent bed bugs from taking over your home, you should take measures such as cleaning regularly and keeping your clutter under control. You can also use insecticides to kill them.
Mosquitoes can become more common in summer because they are attracted to warm bodies. To reduce their numbers, you should keep your windows and doors closed during the day and use mosquito repellent when outdoors. You can also try using ultrasonic devices or foggers to kill them.
Spiders are most active during the summertime because it is their reproductive season. To reduce their numbers, you should do what you can to keep your home clean and free of clutter where spiders might hide. You can also use bug bombs or sprays to kill them.
How to prevent them from invading your home or garden
Summer is a time when pests are more active and may try to invade your home or garden. Here are some tips on how to prevent them from doing so:
1. Check your windows and doors for broken or loose screens, and fix them as necessary. This will help keep pests out and allow you to enjoy the summer weather.
2. Make sure your garden is well-maintained and free of overgrown vegetation. This will make it harder for pests to find food and shelter, and they may choose to move on to other areas.
3. Keep pets inside during the summer months; they can create messes that attract pests.
4. Clean any fallen fruit or vegetables immediately; this will help remove places where pests can hide and multiply.
5. Use insecticides only as a last resort; generally speaking, repellents work better than pesticides in preventing pest invasion.
Recommended products and services to help with pest control
Summer is the time of year when pests are more active, so it’s important to take preventive measures to reduce the number of pests in your home. Here are some recommended products and services to help with pest control:
- Pest strips or baits: These products work by trapping pests and then releasing a scent that attracts them away from your property. They’re effective against common household pests, like ants, cockroaches, and spiders.
- Fumigants: Fumigants are chemicals that release a gas that kills off pests. They’re most commonly used in warehouses where food is stored, but they can also be used in homes to get rid of insects like ants, bed bugs, and bats.
- Chemical eradication: If you don’t want to use any of the above options, you may need to call in a professional exterminator. They will use pesticides or other chemicals to kill off the pests on your property.