QuickBooks Desktop provides this amazing feature to print paychecks. It gives you a plain white paper to print a paycheck or, say, pay stub and uses a default template or layout with the format. QuickBooks Desktop also allows you to email paychecks to your employees. These are sent as PDF files and can only be opened using the password. This helps to preserve the format as well as the layout of the pay stubs. So, are you aware of this feature in QuickBooks? If not, then here is a quick guide to learn how you can print paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop.
What are Pay Checks in QuickBooks?
Paychecks, in simple words, allow the employees to know an extensive breakdown of what they are earning in the organization. This breakdown includes taxes applicable, benefits and other items.
These have the company name, address, and phone number printed on the top and bottom of the page.
Read more – About error initializing qbpos application log
How to Create Paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll?
For this step, you need to perform a small task first. For this, go to the Employees, then Pay Employees. Here, select Scheduled Payroll, Unscheduled Payroll, or Termination Check.
- First, select an appropriate schedule, and select the Start Scheduled Payroll option.
- Then, you need to verify the Pay Period Ends date, Check Date, and QuickBooks Bank Account details.
- Now, select the employee you want to pay.
- Then, you can enter their hours using the grid or timesheets. Then you will see all their hours for the pay period that is already entered. You can also click on Open Paycheck Detail to see everyone’s paycheck details.
- Now, select Save & Next to go to the next employee in the list, or select Save & Close if you wish to go back to the Enter Payroll Information window and select Continue.
- Then, you can review the Check/Direct Deposit printing options.
- Now, verify the amounts for each employee, and select the Create Paychecks option.
- Here, you can opt to print paychecks and print pay stubs now or later as desired.
Read more – About QuickBooks error 6130
How to Print Pay Checks from QuickBooks Desktop File Menu?
Follow the given steps to print the pay stubs from the QuickBooks Desktop File Menu.
- First, go to the File menu and click Print Forms, followed by the Pay-Stubs option.
- Then, you need to choose your Payroll bank account and enter a date range that has the pay date of all the pay stub you want to print.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu and select the employee tab to filter by the one on one employees.
- Then, select the column beside the date and then the pay stubs you want to print.
- Now, click on Preview to once view the paystubs before printing.
- Next, click Preferences and choose the company and employee information.
- If you want to print any message on each pay stub, then you can enter the text in the box saying Company message to be printed on all pay stubs.
- Finally, tap on the Print button.
How to Print a Pay Stub from a Paycheck?
For this step,
- First, you have to open the pay stub in the QB desktop application.
- Then tap on the Print icon above the check.
- Finally, choose Pay Stub, and it will print your pay-stub.
Read more – About Error initializing QBPOS application log
Hopefully, the above-mentioned steps clearly state the process to print paycheck in Quickbooks. We hope it would be easy for you to follow the given instructions and you might have printed your paychecks following them. However, if you need any kind of support or guidance, feel free to connect with our QuickBooks Support Experts. Call us at +1-(855)-955-1942 to connect.