Interactive Whiteboard Industry Overview
The global interactive whiteboard market size is estimated to reach USD 2.8 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2020 to 2027, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Surging need for standalone systems for collaborative meetings and digital learning methods is expected to boost the demand for interactive whiteboards across the globe. Rising popularity of digital learning and increasing technological advancements are also responsible for driving the demand market for interactive whiteboard over the forecast period.
Interactive Whiteboard Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global interactive whiteboard market based on technology, form factor, projection technique, application, and region:
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into Infrared, Resistive Membrane, Electromagnetic Pen, Capacitive, Others.
- The resistive membrane segment accounted for the largest share in 2019 and is projected to exceed USD 1000 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of over 7% over the forecast period.
- Resistive membrane-based interactive whiteboard support touch-based interactions and can be wholly operated using a finger or a stylus. Additionally, the cost-effective factor is expected to fuel the growth of interactive whiteboard integrated with resistive technology over the forecast period.
- The infrared segment is projected to exhibit a CAGR exceeding 6.5% over the forecast period. Infrared-based IWBs are easy to operate and are durable as compared to other technology-based IWBs such as resistive membrane or capacitive IWBs.
Based on the Form Factor Insights, the market is segmented into Fixed, Portable.
- The portable IWBs segment held the largest market share exceeded 47% in 2019 and is predicted to register the highest growth rate over the forecast period.
- Portable IWBs are suitable for last-minute presentations during business trips. Portable IWBs do not require any external support or surfaces and support multi-touch functionality. Owing to these aforementioned advantages portable IWBs are gaining popularity among consumers, and hence the market for portable interactive whiteboard is expected to witness significant growth.
- The fixed segment is also expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period. This growth is attributed to several features such as high resolution for high image quality, low latency time, and more accurate and responsive interactivity.
- Fixed IWBs are user-friendly and offer standard aspect ratios that are compatible with a majority of the existing computer setups and projectors.
Based on the Projection Technique Insights, the market is segmented into Front Projection, Rear Projection.
- The front projection technique secured a market share exceeding 60% of the global market for the interactive whiteboard in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at the highest rate from 2020 to 2027. Interactive whiteboard with front projection technique are equipped with video projectors.
- Interactive whiteboard equipped with rear projection are expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 9.5% over the forecast period.
- The rear projection technique identifies and eliminates presenter shadow present behind the interactive whiteboard and overcomes a key concern associated with front-projection IWBs. Thus, the presenter has to face the projector while communicating with the audience.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Education, Corporate, Commercial, Others.
- The education segment is expected to emerge as a lucrative market for manufacturers of IWBs. Interactive whiteboard in educational institutions enable teachers to easily create customized learning objects from existing content in order to offer a real-time visual experience to students.
- Additionally, IWBs also increase student participation in knowledge sharing sessions and group discussions, whilst also eliminating the need for taking down notes. These aforementioned factors are expected to propel the demand for the market for interactive whiteboard over the forecast period.
- The corporate segment accounted for more than 15.0% of the global market share in 2019. Interactive whiteboard are gaining traction within the corporate sector as professionals in corporate meeting and conference rooms make use of whiteboard during the planning, designing, and various other developmental stages of a product.
Interactive Whiteboard Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market players particularly focus on introducing new products in the market to enhance their product portfolio and to gain a competitive edge in the market.
Some prominent players in the global interactive whiteboard market include
- BenQ Corporation
- Boxlight Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Google Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation.
Order a free sample PDF of the Interactive Whiteboard Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519