A new purchased (or older) Canon printer needs to be set up. First, ensure you’ve installed the latest drivers and software from a valid site, for example – https://ij.start.canon or canon.com/setup. The wireless and wired models require drivers and software; therefore, each has to undergo one important installation process. If your printer model isn’t set up yet, you can get started now.
The setup process for every Canon model is almost similar, however the download through http://ij.start.cannon and installation process may differ. Let’s start with your Canon printer model setup –
- The first thing is you have to remove the box packaging and take out the Canon printer model from the box.
- The model hardware is packed in plastic, hence take off each tape, plastic and other packaging material.
- Make sure the surface where you are placing the printer is clean and close to Pc or laptop.
- Check the shipped components with your inkjet printer. For example, setup CD for windows and mac, power cable, Cartridges and manual.
- Take the power cable and connect one end to the printer’s power cord in the rear and another end to the power switch to start the Setup.
- Press the ON button to turn your printer on.
- If you see a stable light, pull the Paper Output Tray and cover.
- Install Fine cartridge and ink cartridge, then slide paper guide.
- Insert fine, valid blank papers and ensure everything is set up smoothly.
- The canon printer model is Setup. Now you’ve to visit https://ij.start.cannon to download the latest printer software to continue further.
The start canon site takes you to the Product page. Here a box appears asks you to enter the model name, hence type your printer model name, i.e., TS302 and click Go. You have another option to find your canon model. Scroll down the page and click https //ij.start.canon | ij.start.cannon