QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002 is an error that occurs when there are issues with the internet connectivity or internet settings. This error indicated that the QuickBooks is unable to complete the payroll update due to network timed out or other internet problems. Encountering such errors in QuickBooks are frustrating and hamper the work. We have come with the steps to resolve this error and highlighting the reasons that leads to QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002.
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks company file error 6073
In this blog, we will be discussing the best methods to troubleshoot this issue practically proven by professionals. You can contact to our helpline at +1-844-405-0907 to ask you queries and get the best services.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002:
Knowing the causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002 is helpful. It enables the user to clearly identify the main reason of error.
- Improper Internet configuration settings.
- You are using the different browser instead the recommended one.
- QuickBooks was not properly installed.
- Poor internet quality is also a cause that leads to this error.
- Application is not able to connect to server due to internet problems.
Step by step guide to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002:
Step 1. Check Your Internet Connection:
You should have a stable and proper internet connection. You can ensure it by opening a webpage on your browser that the internet is working properly or not.
Ste 2. Configure Internet Explorer settings.
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer’s settings to establish an internet connection. Even if you don’t use Internet Explorer as your primary browser, you need to ensure the settings are correct. Follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools or click the gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab and set the security level to medium-high or lower for the internet zone.
- Click on the Connections tab and click on LAN Ensure that the option Automatically detect settings is checked.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 3. Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop as sometimes outdated software creates error.
We hope these steps will help you resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002. In case you are unable to apply these steps, we recommend you to contact our official helpline number at +1-844-405-0907, our expert customer support team will guide you and help you resolve the issue.