The field of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) deals with examining, testing, and troubleshooting issues with aircraft. After being accepted into AME Institute, the candidate will get understanding of the aeroplane and its parts. There are many different parts to an aircraft, including the radar system, wings, and engines. There will be academic and theoretical programmes because this degree includes two years of academic study and two years of hands-on, practical training in a real-world setting.
What is the eligibility conditions one must fulfil to get admitted in the course?
Candidates must meet the following eligibility conditions in order to enrol in the AME programme:
- Candidate who is attempting or has completed their 10+2 with PCM from a reputable board.
- 3 years of engineering schooling in any field from an accredited institution or board, or with AICTE approval
- Anyone who is qualified to receive a B.Tech in any stream may also enrol in an AME programme.
- When applying, candidates may be between the ages of 16 and 28.
- The applicant cannot be physically disabled or colour-blind.
- Candidates must have at least 45% in PCM or a comparable subject in their 10+2 exams.
Can you pursue AME after 12th?
Yes, if one meets the required eligibility criteria of having PCM in 12th and clearing it with the required percentage, they can pursue AME right after 12th.
What is the basic fee to get enrolled in this course?
The cost of the entire course for aircraft maintenance engineering may range from Rs 3 to 6 lakhs. Depending on the educational institution, AME costs must be paid annually or on a semester basis. For those choosing the course, there are also bank loan options.
What career opportunities does AME offer?
After completing the programme, candidates who meet the requirements for AME CEE 2023 will have a successful career in both the public and private sectors. The AME licence is recognised and in demand all around the world. The following industries provide the candidates a variety of job options:
- Organizations engaged in maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) for domestic and foreign airlines
- Companies that manufacture aircraft
- Manufacturers of aircraft parts
- Centres for Aviation Training
- Public Defence Units
- Operational Organizations for Aircraft
Conclusion: AME is a well-known course which offers one various opportunities to grow and earn a high package. One can also roam around the world as a part of their work. One can pursue the course after 12th PCM or after a Diploma course.