Flow Chemistry Industry Overview
The global flow chemistry market size is expected to reach USD 3.75 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.2% from 2022 to 2030. Advantages over batch reactors and growing investments in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries are projected to boost the market growth.
Flow Chemistry Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global flow chemistry market based on application, reactor type, and region
Based on the Reactor Type Insights, the market is segmented into CSTR, Plug Flow Reactor, Microreactor, Microwave Systems, Others.
- CSTR led the market and accounted for over 35.0% share of the global revenue in 2021. Factors responsible for the segment growth are high adoption, simple construction, good temperature control, low cost, and adaptability to two-phase runs. Moreover, the increasing use of CSTR in water and wastewater applications is likely to boost industry growth.
- Plug flow reactor, also known as tubular reactor, is one of the most commonly used reactors for gas phase reactions. The absence of moving parts, high conversion rate per reactor volume, simple mechanism, and low maintenance lead to a low overall cost of production from these reactors, which is likely to propel their demand.
- Microreactor is estimated to expand at a lucrative CAGR of 17.7% from 2022 to 2030, in terms of revenue. The demand for microreactors in pharmaceutical and fine chemicals due to their low footprint, the requirement of less capital commitment, and safe processing of highly reactive and hazardous processes is expected to boost industry growth.
- Microwave-assisted organic synthesis has witnessed significant focus over the past years on account of its fast reaction rate, low byproducts and high yield, high purity of the products, easy scale-up, and ease of use.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Academia & Research, Petrochemicals, Others.
- The chemicals segment led the market and accounted for over 35.0% share of the global revenue in 2021 on account of the increased use of environmentally-friendly technologies such as flow chemistry in order to reduce greenhouse emissions.
- The academia and research segment is likely to introduce new methodologies for manufacturing chemicals and APIs, which is expected to augment the demand for reactors in this segment over the forecast period.
- The pharmaceuticals application segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR of 12.0% over the forecast period. Factors such as increasing demand for the optimization of drug development and demand to reduce the time taken for drug launch are expected to boost the demand for this equipment in pharmaceutical applications.
- Other applications include fragrances, biofuels, and nanoparticle production. The use of continuous manufacturing in biofuels is slowly receiving preference as flow chemistry in the transesterification process can reduce time and cost, resulting in high production and profit and an increase in demand for flow chemistry.
Flow Chemistry Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The competitive environment in the industry is driven by the innovation in technology for the usage of flow chemistry. Companies operating in the market are significantly investing in R&D as well as developing instruments to optimize the production method and improve the yield of the product that is to be synthesized.
Some prominent players in the global flow chemistry market include
- Am Technology
- CEM Corporation
- Milestone Srl
- Biotage AB
- Syrris Ltd.
- Vapourtec Ltd.
- ThalesNano Inc.
- Hel Group
- Uniqsis Ltd.
- Chemtrix BV
- Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS
- Future Chemistry Holding BV
- Corning Incorporated
- Cambridge Reactor Design Ltd.
- PDC Machines Inc.
- Parr Instrument Company
Order a free sample PDF of the Flow Chemistry Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519