Enzymes Industry Overview
The global enzymes market size is expected to reach USD 20.31 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast years, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising consumption of functional food products on account of the increasing awareness regarding an individual’s health is likely to influence the demand during the forecast period positively. Carbohydrase is bifurcated as cellulose, amylase, pectinase, xylanase, and lactase. It is widely used as an ingredient in the formulation of carbonated drinks. The growing usage of different kinds of carbohydrase in the animal feed and pharmaceutical industries is further projected to boost the overall demand in the coming years.
Enzymes Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global enzymes market on the basis of type, product, source, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Industrial Enzymes, Specialty Enzymes.
- The industrial segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 56.70% in 2021. This is attributed to the rising product demand in various end-use industries, such as food & beverage, detergent, animal feed, textile, paper & pulp, and wastewater.
- The growing use of detergents in industrial and household applications in the emerging economies of Brazil, China, and India are expected to drive product inclusion in detergents. They are used in the conversion of cellulosic for manufacturing cellulosic ethanol.
- The rate of fossil fuel depletion is rising, which is anticipated to boost the demand for biofuels, in turn, fueling the product demand.
- Moreover, the growing demand for green alternatives coupled with the increasing utilization of paper in the packaging sector owing to numerous environmental issues along with the lightweight and easy use is projected to trigger the product demand in the pulp & paper processing sector.
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Carbohydrase, Proteases, Lipases, Polymerases & Nucleases, Others.
- The carbohydrase segment dominated the industry and accounted for the largest share of more than 47.00% of the overall revenue in 2021.
- Protease is widely used for catalytic hydrolysis of the protein peptides further to amino acids and breakdown in numerous applications including detergents, animal feed, food, chemicals, and pharmaceutical, among others.
- The escalating growth of pharmaceutical, detergent, and chemical end-use industries in emerging economies, such as China, India, and Brazil, are expected to further promote market growth during the forecast period.
- Lipases are used for digesting, transporting, and processing various dietary lipids including fats, oils, and triglycerides. The growing market demand for phospholipase as a biocatalyst from various end-use applications, such as agriculture, biodiesel, bioremediation, cosmetics, detergents, food, leather, nutraceuticals, and oil, is anticipated to drive the overall industry growth in the years to come.
Based on the Source Insights, the market is segmented into Plants, Animals, Microorganisms.
- The microorganisms source segment dominated the overall industry in 2021 and accounted for the maximum share of more than 85.00% of the global revenue. This high share of the segment can be attributed to the growing demand for fungi-based enzymes from a wide range of end-use applications.
- Fungi-based enzymes are best suited for a vegetarian diet, which, in turn, is likely to augment the product demand in the coming years. The animal source segment accounted for the second-largest share of the global revenue in 2021. Animal-based enzymes are extracted from the pancreas and stomach of cattle and swine.
- These products are used for the treatment of pancreatic cancer, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, and pancreatitis. This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel their demand in the global pharmaceutical sector during the forecast years. Plant-based enzymes are extracted from plants.
Enzymes Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The industry is growing at a significant rate on account of the rising consumption in various end-use applications including paper & pulp, detergents, research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, and nutraceuticals, among others.
Some prominent players in the global enzymes market include
- BASF SE
- DuPont Danisco
- Novus International
- Associated British Foods Plc
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Advanced Enzyme Technologies
- Enzyme Development Corp.
Order a free sample PDF of the Enzymes Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519