Clinical Decision Support Systems Industry Overview
The global clinical decision support systems market size is expected to reach USD 10.7 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2022 to 2030. Surging demand for quality care is one of the primary factors augmenting the market growth. Constant lookout for reliable technology solutions by care providers is also expected to work in favor of the market. The growing interest in enhanced medical care and efficient decision-making is projected to fuel the adoption of CDSS and EHR.
Clinical Decision Support Systems Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global clinical decision support systems market based on product, application, delivery mode, component, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Standalone CDSS, Integrated CPOE with CDSS, Integrated E.H.R. with CDSS, Integrated CDSS with CPOE & E.H.R..
- Standalone CDSS held the largest revenue share of over 30.0% in 2021 as it is widely adopted due to its low cost and simplicity. Ease to use in hospitals and clinical settings has contributed to its growth. The standalone segment will continue to dominate the market throughout the forecast period.
- The integrated EHR with CDSS segment is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. Increasing awareness and adoption of electronic health records (EHR) by multi-specialty health care units is poised to influence the growth of the integrated EHR with the CDSS segment.
- CDSS and EHRs are often integrated to streamline workflows and make use of present data sets. There is an increasing number of CDSS functions that are built into EHR systems, which is expected to support segment growth.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Drug-drug Interactions, Drug Allergy Alerts, Clinical Reminders, Clinical Guidelines, Drug Dosing Support, Others.
- Drug allergy alerts held the largest revenue share of over 25.0% in 2021. Several people have allergies to some specific drugs, and consequently, it is important to have systems that provide allergy alerts. The burden of allergies, i.e., drug allergies, is rising.
- In the process of prescribing, dispensing, or administering a drug, a medicine error may happen and can have adverse significance, e.g., medication may be given to a patient with a documented allergy to that drug.
- The clinical guidelines segment is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. The CDS system offers guidelines for treatment and diagnosis.
Based on the Component Insights, the market is segmented into Hardware, Software, Services.
- The services segment held the largest revenue share of over 40.0% in 2021. This is due to timely up-gradation of software as well as the knowledge base available for use. Services in CDSS involve the maintenance of components and their accessories.
- The software segment is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. The CDSS software, when used in integration with software for CPOE and EHRs, provides enhanced decision support by making customized and specific results for the particular patient.
Based on the Delivery Mode Insights, the market is segmented into Web-based Systems, Cloud-based Systems, On-premise Systems.
- The on-premise systems segment captured the largest revenue share of over 40.0% in 2021. Cloud-based systems held the second-largest revenue share in 2021 owing to significant innovation in information technology, with potential applications in the healthcare sector.
- The primary services provided under cloud computing are Platform as a Service (PaaS) which creates a platform, i.e., develops an OS to run the software, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) which uses virtual technology to create a user interface to provide the services, and Software as a Service (SaaS) which forms the most critical aspect of the cloud provider as it enables them to operate, install, and manage software to provide services to the end user.
- CDSSs require access to healthcare data and knowledge, which is stored in a database. Data stored on the web is easily accessible through mobile and computer devices. Web-based devices use the data stored on the web to provide decision support to medical practitioners.
Clinical Decision Support Systems Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is fairly competitive. The market has been characterized by the presence of most notable participants, along with other providers of clinical decision support systems. These players are involved in new product launches, product innovations, acquisitions, and partnerships to gain a competitive edge over each other.
Some prominent players in the global clinical decision support systems market include
- McKesson Corporation
- Cerner Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers GmbH
- Allscripts Healthcare, LLC
- athenahealth, Inc.
- NextGen Healthcare Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Royal Philips)
- IBM Corporation
- Agfa-Gevaert Group
- Wolters Kluwer N.V.
Order a free sample PDF of the Clinical Decision Support Systems Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519