Antimicrobial Additives Industry Overview
The global antimicrobial additives market size is expected to reach USD 4.3 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2022 to 2030. The demand is ascending at a prominent rate owing to increasing product consumption in medical devices & equipment and other end-use industries, such as packaging, food & beverage, healthcare, personal care, and electronic goods. They are majorly utilized to enhance the physical as well as chemical properties, increase shelf life & aesthetic value of materials, and minimize the risk of microbes, such as MRSA and legionella.
Antimicrobial Additives Market Segmentation
For this report, Grand View Research has segmented the global antimicrobial additives market based on type, application, end-use, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into organic, inorganic.
- The inorganic type segment led the market and accounted for approximately 52.6% share of the global revenue in 2021.
- Organic antimicrobial additives, when used with products and materials, such as paints and coatings, provide long-lasting protection against stain and odor-causing microbes as well as biodegradation.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into plastics, paints & coatings, pulp & paper, others.
- The plastics application segment led the market and accounted for 34% share of the global revenue in 2021.
- Antimicrobial additives are incorporated during the production process of plastics to offer resistance against various microbes, thus, resulting in enhanced durability of plastic products.
- Specialty, industrial, and decorative coatings are considerably benefitted from antimicrobial additives. For instance, silver-based additives give cost-effective protection solutions when used with paints. The additives added in inks and lacquers impart durable top-coat protection when applied on paper, metal, and plastic.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into healthcare.
- The healthcare end-use segment led the global market and accounted for approximately 26% share of the global revenue in 2021. The segment is estimated to expand further at the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030 due to the rising demand for healthcare products due to the growing geriatric population.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1 in 25 patients is diagnosed with HAI in the country each year. HAIs can lead to prolonged stays in the hospital, readmission after discharge, and an increase in the expenses for patients.
- The food & beverage end-use segment is expected to witness a considerable growth rate during the forecast period supported by the continuous utilization of additives in shelving, flooring, food processing equipment, ice-making machines, storage containers, water coolers, and water hydration systems in the food & beverage industry.
Antimicrobial Additives Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The global antimicrobial additives market is significantly fragmented owing to the presence of many manufacturers across the globe. Global players face intense competition from each other as well as from regional players, who have a strong awareness of regulations and suppliers in the markets.
Some prominent players in the global antimicrobial additives market include
- NanoBioMatters Industries S.L.
- BASF SE
- RTP Company
- Milliken Chemical
- BioCote Ltd.
- Microban International
- Clariant AG
- PolyOne Corp.
- Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.
- Life Materials Technologies Ltd.
- SteriTouch Ltd.
- Sanitized AG
- Dow, Inc.
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Plastics Color Corp.
Order a free sample PDF of the Antimicrobial Additives Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519