Antibody Drug Conjugates Industry Overview
The global antibody drug conjugates market size was valued at USD 5.81 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.4% from 2022 to 2030.
The market is primarily driven by globally rising incidences of cancer. According to Cancer Research UK estimates the number of new cancer cases worldwide is expected to reach 27.5 million by 2040. Factors such as smoking, unhealthy diet, obesity, and alcohol are the major cause of rising cancer cases, worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the product sale due to the loss of health insurance coverage, decrease in hospital visits, and lower diagnosis rates. The unavailability of participants for clinical trial studies led to a delay in the potential approval of ADCs such as Adcetris for other indications.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Antibody Drug Conjugates Market
Increasing investment in this field by the key players such as Piramal Pharma Solution, Pfizer Inc., Seagen Inc., and F. Hoffman La-Roche Ltd for the development of new ADCs intended for the treatment of cancer is expected to drive the market growth. For instance, in February 2022, CDMO Piramal Pharma Solutions (PPS) invested about USD 74.6 million in the development of two new antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) production facilities at its existing sites in Grange mouth, Scotland to fulfill the growing demand for commercial ADCs in UK. This investment strengthens PPS’ position in the market, significantly, by increasing ADC manufacturing capacity.
Most of the companies are conducting clinical trials to bring new products to the market and to gain label expansion for their already approved products. For instance, in January 2022, Seagen initiated phase-1 clinical trials of two novel antibody-drug conjugates such as SGN-B7H4V & SGN-PDL1V in patients with advanced solid tumors. In addition, the company in collaboration with Astellas completed enrollment of the patients for cohort K EV-103 trial used for the treatment of First-Line Metastatic Urothelial Cancer (mUC). Successful completion of the clinical trial study and subsequent approval of the products is expected to drive market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research's Pharmaceuticals Industry Research Reports.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market – The global breast cancer drugs market size was valued at USD 16.98 billion in 2017 and is expected to register at a CAGR of 10.7% over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of the disease along with emerging novel therapies are some of the major factors likely to drive the market. Early detection of breast cancer is a key to effective management of the disease.
- Ovarian Cancer Drugs Market – The global ovarian cancer drugs market size was valued at USD 1,030 million in 2016. It is expected to exhibit a phenomenal CAGR of 23.7% during the forecast period, with the U.S. at the forefront of the growth. Rising incidence of ovarian cancer owing to growing geriatric population and unhealthy lifestyles is one of the key trends escalating market growth. Besides this, increasing adoption of novel drugs and presence of strong developmental pipeline are estimated positively reinforce ovarian cancer treatment market.
Antibody Drug Conjugates Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global antibody drug conjugates market report based on the application, technology, and region:
- Antibody Drug Conjugates Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017 – 2030)
- Blood Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Breast Cancer
- Urothelial Cancer & Bladder Cancer
- Other Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Antibody Drug Conjugates Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017 – 2030)
- Cleavable Linker
- Non- cleavable Linker
- Antibody Drug Conjugates Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- October 2020: Gilead completed the acquisition of Immunomedics, Inc. for around USD 21.0 billion.
- May 2020: Takeda’s Adcetris received approval from China’s NMPA for the treatment of adult patients with ALCL or systemic Hodgkin lymphoma.
Key Companies profiled:
Some of the prominent players in the global antibody drug conjugates market include:
- Seagen, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- ADC Therapeutics SA
Order a free sample PDF of the Antibody Drug Conjugates Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519