Moving to a new city is both an overwhelming and tiresome journey altogether. You could be moving from Mumbai to Chennai this time but owing to the extensive distance and immense load, it is good to seek professional help from the packers and movers in Mumbai!
The reason is, that shifting from one place to another, especially to a new city, at a far-off distance is not simple. One must not undervalue the back-breaking task of household preparation and packing, because it is certainly one such job that can delay your move. If you consider your move to be a long-distance one, there are certain tips that you should be aware of in order to get settled after a house-moving journey!
Here are those tips. Have a look:
• Start by approaching multiple moving companies – It is not about traveling from Mumbai to Chennai but fulfilling a move between the two cities. So, it is essential to have the moving professionals booked for the project because certain things are meant to be conducted under expert supervision. Hence, to come across the best moving associates, start your research and collect at least 5-10 moving quotations because when it comes to moving, the more you compare, the more you get to save on your move.
• Sort and decide what the professionals will pack – Ensure the majority of your packing tasks are handled by the professionals only. You simply evaluate your goods to decide which ones would be better dealt with by the experts – like the kitchenware, furniture, appliances, electronics, bedding, carpets, etc. so you do not waste your time on them. Have a one-on-one discussion with the experts before you hand over the task.
• Quickly complete the packing of your special items – Before getting into the pre-moving complexities, it is better to attend to the packing complexities and to keep a check on the list of valuables and delicate stuff that you will move. Quickly pack up all the precious articles – accessories, collectibles, heirlooms, etc. in quality materials and have everything incorporated into the inventory carefully.
• The inventory you will design should be detailed – When it comes to inventorying belongings for the move, the professionals often choose to do it as per their convenience but you should make one for yourself so you remain aware of the number of stuff you have in your household and also know what value of the stuff you are transporting.
• Include every article in the list and ensure all are packed – Leave nothing but include every item you own into that list with the corresponding value of it alongside. At the same time, make some valuation of the things that are not worth moving owing to their heavyweight, old condition, or token value. Packing should be worked out not much later but eventually.
• Figure out when to disconnect/re-establish utilities – One big task before the move would be to get the essential services disconnected. So, schedule it in a way that your connections get detached after you leave. Similarly, drop a mail to the authorities for their re-establishment post the move. You will simply need to make a down payment for that and everything will be sorted.
• Make notes after you have visited the new home – Meanwhile if you get some time in between the preparations, do visit the new home with your spouse. After all, you two shall be doing all that is needed in your soon-to-be-home space – from the changes to the additions to the repairing. Make quick notes of the important things to get them resolved immediately. You can schedule labor for the maintenance tasks the next time you move there so that when you move in finally, you step into a well-set-up space.
• Do not forget to discuss moving insurance – When the professionals reach your given address, be ready to put a halt to all your chores that you might be doing so as to listen to what the movers say. Ask all that you want to ask them and get to the bottom of your move and its preparations. Make sure you are buying full-coverage moving insurance as per your belongings and going through the insurance clauses carefully!
• Give yourself a break to allow some ‘me-time’ moment – After all the planning that you have been doing for months and the countless duties you are fulfilling continuously until the moment, you must be in a mood to enjoy a break. Well, definitely go for it if you want to start afresh again with the preparations after easing up!
• Take a moment to have the last word with near-dear ones – Soon you shall be leaving your home to settle into a new city you have never even visited before. Things would be tough; you will miss your loved ones – your coworkers, friends, relatives, neighbors. Do take a minute to bid them goodbye or catch up for a party or get-together.
• If impressed, do not forget to appreciate the movers – The movers will deliver your precious possessions in good shape and condition as per the stipulated time. Do not forget to extend a heartfelt thanks to the packing crew and pay them a little over their decided fee. If you can manage, you can offer them some refreshments and thirst-quenchers too, after all, they too had a long, long journey, added with the big and bulky goods handling.
• Have a couple of days to conduct the unpacking task – You can reduce your moving hassle completely if you hand over the entire task to the movers only. You have hired professionals for a reason – you want your move to be flawless and secure and now that you have already hired the professionals for door-to-door relocation services, breathe easy because the movers will even walk an extra mile to unpack and rearrange your goods in the new house.
By now, you would have known that relocating is pretty much a challenge and without some pro moving tips and expert movers and packers in Mumbai, your move can significantly run into a toss!